This week, Tom interviews Dr. Kate Darling, a lawyer, roboticist and specialist in robot ethics.
- “Who’s Johnny?” research paper, PDF on robots, framing and empathy
- Heider & Simmel 1944, a study of interpersonal perception and attribution of human characteristics to objects
- Peter Singer, The Most Good You Can Do, on living ethically
- Personal Data New York City Meetup, June 4 - In-Home Robots and Personal Data
- Lily Camera Drone
- Boston Dynamics “Spot” testing video and CNN story entitled, Is it cruel to kick a robot dog?
- The Hexbug Nano robot used in Kate Darling’s “Who’s Johnny?” research
- Aldebaran’s Pepper robot
- Jibo, a social robot
- Why Google’s Robot Personality Patent Is Not Good for Robotics, by Kate Darling
- Project VRM (Vendor Relationship Management) - at Harvard’s Berkman Center
- We Robot Conference - especially papers by Kate Darling, Peter Asaro and Jason Millar
- Moral Machines: Teaching Robots Right From Wrong - by Wendell Wallach
- Kate Darling’s Twitter Page